Monday, November 23, 2009

Today's Nonprofit Wonder - Be Thankful

The end of the year is quickly approaching. For some organizations, December offers some downtime before the new year begins fresh with projects. For others, this is the crunch time to get things done before the year is out. Whichever it is for you and your organization, take minute to sit back and savor a few quiet moments.

I know a lot of folks that have been doing the "What am I Thankful for Today?" exercise in preparation for Thanksgiving. Try this as it relates to your work...what are you thankful for when it comes to what your group has been able to accomplish this year? For me, the list is long but some of the top contenders include:

I'm thankful we were able to reach others.
I'm thankful we were able to lower the risk for our customers.
I'm thankful our budget balanced!
I'm thankful I work with such wonderful people.
And mostly,
I'm thankful that my organization made a difference in the lives of the people in our community.

What are you thankful for?

Happy Holidays!

No comments: